Waste of time management
Unsurprisingly time management is a top theme for a great many leaders and senior managers How we use our time is a critical skill if we are to consistently achieve the results we need in the workplace, or indeed, what we want to achieve in our lives. Almost every day we discover that our clients' top team employees are less than effective at managing their time well and this applies equally to executives and managers as new entrants.
Time management 'systems' offered in the market as solutions to time management problems today can be too complex and time consuming to use. In many cases they may be entirely inappropriate for your needs. If you are not careful, you can spend all of your time planning and organising your work and end up not delivering anything. OvationXL take a different approach by providing practical tips that can be implemented to great effect on Day One.
Your new strengths and abilities
- You feel that you are contributing well and making a real difference. You are motivated with high job satisfaction and sense of loyalty.
- Reduced hours better spent – so much more productive.
- Risk management techniques applied to business critical issues to avoid diverting days or even years of resource to correct expensive mistakes.
- Able to distinguish projects from activities and tasks.
- Prioritising business critical projects and activities over others.
- Clearly communicating first time, every time.
- Delegating, deleting or delaying lower priority activities and tasks.
- Delighted loyal clients are volunteering to refer you to their friends and contacts, and are presenting you with add-on business opportunities.
- Profits are up.
Did you know?
Absenteeism and staff turnover usually reduce as a result of increased efficiency. As your employees' gain a sense of control over their work, you are going to achieve a positive increase in productivity and workplace health and wellbeing.
Who would benefit?
The core competency of managing time to be a business critical skill that almost everyone needs would benefit from studying.
To discuss a current or potential need, contact Robin Johnson at OvationXL on 0845 260 7700 or
Winning new business
Do professionals sell? Whatever the answer it's almost certainly time to increase the quality and success rate of your new business activities - and suffer fewer lost opportunities… …read more about this topic
Thinking, behaving and directing strategically and commercially
Many entrepreneurs and business leaders are so preoccupied by working in their businesses that they forget to work on their businesses… …read more about this topic
Self awareness - understanding your impact on others
Self-awareness is one of the top scoring requests that OvationXL receive. Senior management may be unused to receiving candid feedback on their style and mannerisms… …read more about this topic